Saturday, January 19, 2008

Two in KL, One with the Guys

!!!!!!


Welcome Weekend!


Flew down to KL for work this week.

JW Mariott, the hotel I once dreamt of having my wedding at, is seriously overrated. Half an hour to check in, and despite being 40% more expensive than the usual (better) hotels we bunk at, breakfast it not included. When we did have breakfast (pay-lah), it was one of the most miserable buffets I'd ever seen. Yeesh, two thumbs down. Yeoh Tiong Lay, please spend a night or two at Nikko or Milennium, or even Mariott Miri, and learn something. Maybe this kind of service was acceptable, say ten years ago. This day, there's just no excuse. First Malaysian company to be listed in the Tokyo stock exchange? Well, it ain't showin' at the Mariott KL. Pooh!

Bought my first pair of jeans in 6 years, from Zara. Everything I want in a pair - dark, light-absorbing (read: slimming) denim, in a comfy stretch yet not too tight. :) Love the clothes there - great basics, really nice quality. And MNG is getting so commonplace these days. Phwah, damn aksyen.



Pavillion KL, all decked up for the Chinese New Year.


Thursday night - back to Miri. Fridat Night - F23 Dinner!

I belonged. I actually had fun at a dinner function. No surprises, it was with my offshore crew and their families.

I had this warm, cosy feeling that stayed in me the whole night, despite the lack of sleep the night before and the crazy driving to and from the hotel. The whole night was one fun cocktail of karaoke, teasing and egging each other to take up the microphone. Some needed a bit more motivation (e.g. a glass of wine or two) to take to the stage. These are not rough-and-tough offshore guys, they're husbands, fathers, friends, and crooners. Laughter, hearty eating (not one of those polite one-bite-then-put-down-fork dinners, this one), cracking jokes on the karaoke mike that got even the hotel servers smiling.







Oh, and One More Thing:-

AK read this to me out loud last night. Hilarious but so painfully true.



No comments: