Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Baby Steps

Welcome 2008!

This year I will:

1) Exercise and strengthen my quads - no more loose kneecaps and aching knee joints

2) "Stabilize" my life - no more going offshore means that I will get to have an actual daily routine - I get to dress up, eat what I want, cook as I like and plan my holidays with friends

3) Appreciate the smaller things in life

4) Save money - have to start paying for the apartment in Penang I bought with Pa's help, plus no more offshore allowance means I can't spend without giving much thought anymore - this applies to food as well



Alila Horizon - it'd better be as pretty as they show in the pic (all my $$$!!!)

5) Pay off the rest of my study loan

6) Spend less time watching TV and more time reading

7) Ensure my house is neat - a clean, liveable house equals peace of mind

8) Go GREEN:
- I will turn off the utilities when I leave home
- Eat less beef (cows need lots of grazing land = clearing of virgin forests) and prawns (apparently for every 1 kg of prawns coughts, several more kilos of other marine life are discarded as well - could be the smaller nets they use trap more animals?) - sigh, my 2 favourite meats
- Eat less imported foodstuff and eat local veggies and use heirloom products like belachan, kuih, etc. No need for fuel-burning planes to deliver my food.
- Send my plastic bags, keep my empty bottles and old papers to the recycling center
- Bring along Tupperware container when buying my fave pandan green bean bun
- Refuse plastic bags wherever I can when buying stuff

Baby steps for a capitalist global citizen like me.

As said by someone (think it's the Korean UN Secretary-General Mr. Ban Ki-Moon) - "What we do not have is time. The time for action is now."


Yeah, I know, I work for an oil giant. But we do produce gas, you know. And gas is clean energy (cleaner, anyway).

Now, where can I buy a Prius?

No comments: