Monday, January 7, 2008

Monday Insecurities

Aargh. After 2 years of being the "go-to" person at work (i. e. offshore), I feel a bit like a fish out of water. I can't speak politically correctly enough, I feel as if my shirt is always too crumpled, my hair is in my face, my shoes don't feel right - they go clop-clop-clop and attract attention (or is it just my imagination). And get this - I get the chills going to see someone in my future team. Everyone has been on it for a year already and seem to be so cool and in control. Can I really belong?

Insecurities are popping up wherever I go.

It's times like these when I really miss offshore.

Sigh. Chin up, shoulders back. I guess I should be concentrating on doing the work, and doing it right. And keep on smiling. That's all there is to it, right???

After weeks of anticipating (sometimes with excitement and impatience, sometimes with dread and the glad feeling that it has not yet happenned) - it's time to face the real (working) world, I guess. Bring on the sharks, snakes and what-nots.

No comments: