Saturday, February 18, 2012

Weekend Brekkie - Detox Edition

This morning, the remnants of the night's heavy downpour remain. The sun is shining, but there is no heat. The birds are at their usual noisy best, and so is Boo Boo (traipsing after me as I make my coffee, do a little tidy-up here and there, sneaking a head rub or two).

Breakfast is altogether warming, hearty and I must say, so very healthy. A nice departure from chowing down pepper biscuits/digestives, my work desk regular.

No - this morning I have oatmeal, made by microwaving instant oats (yes I prefer instant to steel cut, I love all that mushy baby-food porridge-y texture) and oat bran (for extra fibre, absolutely optional) with skim milk and water. Topped with slices of pisang emas (local bananas, small and so very sweet), a sprinkling of muscovado sugar and chopped roasted peanuts, remnants from making peanut butter and the subsequent project.

A promising start to the weekend indeed.



No comments: