Thursday, June 25, 2009

Things I Am Into Right Now

Deborah Loves

1) L'occitane Hand Cream - I use this all over my body. It's rich without being sticky, and has been my best friend ever since Malaysian Airlines gave me a sample on their long-haul Business Class flight to Amsterdam. I just bought the giant tube (RM90, a bit ridiculous since my face cream costs RM37) and slather it on whenever I am sleeping with the airconditioning.

2) My cheapo iPod Shuffle - I have an iPod Touch, and I absolutely hate using it. It's too big, too delicate and too expensive to strap on for a pound on the treadmill - really, then what's the point? And I don't have enough music to fill a Nano, which is pretty neat too. Also, with me, cheaper is better. My latest Shuffle is my 3rd MP3 player, I drowned the first two in the washing machine (1 offshore and 1 at home). My exercise routine is a mess without it.

3) My pashminas. They're so elegant, transportable, and they keep me warmer than my sweater. I use my favourite white one as blanket on the plane ride, to shield my latest purchases from peeping eyes, and of course to wrap around me as a shawl. It goes with my long flowy spagetthi strap evening dress, my work outfit and lately even my coveralls in the yard (Ok the last one looks plain weird, but I don't care)

4) Oil of Olay Intensive White Radiance Moisturizer. This is cheap enough to put on my arms and legs, along with my neck and face. My complexion has gotten slightly fairer after using this.
Again, really suitable for our humid climate.

5) Lancome Flextencils Mascara - no smudges, waterproof. My cousin got me this for XMas last year and now I can't live without it

6) My watch my father gave me - I love men's watches, the contrast of a big, bold metal face with all those masculine dials and knobs agains my bony wrist.

7) I recently restarted my morning Sun Salutations and I feel a lot less stiff in the mornings in the office. Hope this lasts (my discipline and its effects). There is always a "plan" to do more, but we'll see.

8) Jodi Picoult - OK, I am a wimp, a softhearted, spineless wimp. Her books make me pause, think, sob a little (damn that Change of Heart) and explore humanity in so many facets. Ok, except the Tenth Circle, which was rather far stretched and pointless.

9) Nescafe, my life's blood. My day turns to a painfully throbbing, cloudy haze without it.

10) Chocolate, now and forever. But you probably already know that.

No comments: