Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Moping for One

BooBoo and I are all by ourselves, from yesterday to the coming weekend.

Which also means that I get to eat whatever I can rustle up from the dark depths of the fridge and use up whatever gunk I bought that AK didn't agree with (cue the wholemeal spagetthi).

So far I've eaten the following - 1901 beef hot dog with steamed sesame bun; whole-wheat pasta stir-fried in lots of garlic and canned crabmeat, deep-fried flour pastry with sambal udang, seri muka, apples, raw Mamee noodles, microwaved egg and a couple of chocolate-covered macadamias. All in a span of 1 lunch and 2 dinners. Like I said, whatever I could find.

BooBoo is doing his psycho thing again, where he runs up and down the house chasing some imaginery shadows, skidding across the newly-mopped floor and crashing into the door. He treats my laptop power cable is a ball of string, pawing it and putting it into his mouth. Then he comes and stares, meowing occasionaly as I sit and type, hoping for some measure of mercy (that I will feed him something).

Meanwhile I'm trying to make sense of the economical terms and conditions of this country's Oil and Gas resources and the very complicated commercial relationships we have with each other as players in this field. Oh crap what made me think I could switch from engineer to analyst after one meet? From analyzing iso's, MTO's, Operating Envelopes and Operating Ampere to sifting through Priority of Supply, Production Sharing Contrcts, Gas Sales Agreements, ullages and MTAB?

Sigh. Even typing that gave me a headache.

Oh well CSI: NY is about to start :)

All this while, AK is indulging in Claypot Crab and the freshes seafood that JB has to offer. As I type this he is off for a Thai massage with the other guys. Hmph.

No comments: