Tuesday, May 1, 2012

What gets me through

Work has been bordering on the insane lately. It is shaping up to be a bad year for my department in particular, and we seem to spend every day firefighting as they call it, unable to plan or to improve - only to react. It has gotten to a point where sleep has become somewhat difficult to fall into. I have taken the opportunity to imbibe a little, just enough to help me fall asleep, and so far my little nightcaps have been quite effective. More on that later (am not turning alchoholic anytime soon :)). Other than that, here are a couple of things that have been brightening my dreary work days:

1) Cheerful new loafers that I have been searching for, like, forever. I finally found a pair I liked, that fit me well, at Pedro's.


2) Gunmetal grey nails, just to shake things up a little and make me feel ever so slightly rebellious.

3) My trusty toy in its rugged, no-nonsense cover. No Kate Spade or Kath Kidston for me, please.


4) These crystal bracelets. Every Christmas, My 80 year old grand-aunt gifts me one shiny strand. I wear these and I remember her, and subsequently my extended family. My grand-aunt sometimes has difficulty figuring out whose house she's sitting in, but somehow never fails to remember gifting me with these. Suffice to say, they are precious.


No comments: