Sunday, May 13, 2012

Weekend Brekkie - Steamed eggs and tofu

It's not often that I crave something not sweet for breakfast. But this weekend called for something light and healthy, like congee or something. Something zen.

A pack of silken tofu, eggs, some spring onions and you got yourself a steamed egg breakfast bowl. It's  simple to make, comforting to eat.

Crack an egg into a ramekin or microwave-safe dish. Add half a block of silken tofu. Using a single chopstick (don't use a fork and you'll be aerating the mixture, something you don't want as the mixture will not be as smooth), stir the mixture to break the two up and combine them. Snip 2 spring onions in. Season with a little soy and cracked black pepper. Stir again.

Microwave on high for 3 minutes. Eat while it's still steaming hot.



On a side note, I decided not to buy another cylinder of cooking gas and see how I can get by without the stove for the next few weeks. I have my microwave, my kettle, my oven and a toaster. Let's see how it goes.

No comments: