Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Orangette's Marion Cunningham's fresh ginger muffins




This Molly of Orangette. She sure knows how to sell a recipe. Boy I'm glad I trusted her on this one.



I have baked from her book before, a banana cake with crystallised ginger that I wound up discarding. But I blame myself - I actually despise banana bread, but as always, was so taken by her beautiful prose that I decided to give it a try.




Well, I do love ginger. And boy, do I love these muffins. Boy I'm saying Boy a lot.


They tasted just as good cold as they do fresh and warm from the oven. That tender crumb, that amount of sweetness that was just right, that addictive kick of ginger, that freshness of flavour from the lemon zest. I followed the recipe Molly provided, except I sprinkled the tops of the muffins with some demarara sugar for a nice crunchy topping, which they lived up to that nicely.


Just like Molly promised I would, I had these for dessert, as a teatime snack, for breakfast. And I have not tired of them. Far from it, in fact. Many more batches to come.



No comments: