Friday, March 2, 2012

Caramel topped Blondies

I get it now.

What took me so long?





All those bloggers were right. Caramel absolutely rocks my world. I can't get enough of it now, damnit. It's a deep, dark, delicious hole, my friends.

Like I said previously, I intended to use the little batch of caramel I made on Blondies. Well, they came out a little short of my expectations. Too cakey and not the heavy, chewy stuff I want my Blondie to be. Still delicious, mind you, they are topped and filled with my salted caramel sauce after all (Ms. Yard recommends poking holes in the just-baked Blondies and "injecting" the caramel into the crevices, I poked holes and just poured the stuff over). And thanks to their relative lightness I've also managed to eat my way through half the pan.


No comments: