Wednesday, March 14, 2012

And the madness continues......

Ahh, I feel like George Washington Carver. Who knew that the humble peanut could bring so much joy and pleasure?


I have been buying and roasting my own peanuts for the third week in a row, with no sign of abatement. I crush them to top my oats, I grab a handful whenever I need a bit of sustenance (so satisfying). I have made my own peanut butter and used that to make these super pleasurable things - twice!


I decided to change it up and bake cookies instead, following this recipe, which calls for natural peanut butter. What could be more natural than homemade, eh? I also chopped my own 60% cocoa chocolate bar and dumped it into the batter. The results, I admit, are no lookers. Most of my cookies are like that anyway - I have grown to accept this sad fact *sniff*. In this case my clumsy chopping skills resulted in a lot of fine shavings along with the hunks of chocolate, and they turned the cookies a dark, rather unattractive brown. But the cookies were chewy and peanutty and chocolatey, and totally addictive. I finished half the batch within 2 days (this statement is starting to get old, I know, I know. Bear with me, will you?)


So, if you're on the lookout for a super natural, super cheap (peanuts are way cheaper than butter) and moderately healthier (peanuts are surely healthier than flour and butter, and at least they contain fibre) cookie recipe, well, look no further. Because let's face it, there aren't many out there. But this one, this is it - Michael Rechiutti's Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies. Amen.



No comments: