Saturday, July 30, 2011

Memento



New look for our living room wall.






Lives of Rajput warriors depicted on this hand-printed piece from Jaipur.







Hand-blown sea-green glass lotus-shaped dish and a solid glass soapdish from Bali (love love love). The soapdish reminds me of a block of ice. White fibreglass vase AK got me from Taiwan that we now use to hold a fat orange-scented candle. Background: carved wooden elephant, also from India. Tower of London collage made of old clock parts, that AK got from, well, London.






One of my favourite pieces (actually,I love them all :)) - this Taj Mahal inspired marble piece inlayed with enamel (I think). While the Taj walls are decorated in vivid garnets, topazes and lapis lazulis, this piece is inlayed with softest pinks and blues.

No comments: