Saturday, July 30, 2011

Dash of colour


I love cushion covers! Turquoise embroidered one from British India - one of my favourite patterns ever. I almost shelled out 500 bucks for the same pattern on a pouf at BI, but was halted by the challenge of having to lug it on a plane.

Hot pink beaded silk cover from the City Palace Atelier in Jaipur (I love saying that - Palace Atelier - makes me feel all haute and rich) - the most money I have spent on a piece of cloth, barring my clothes. The fabric is luxuriously smooth and the sumptuous embroidery - it was some superb craftsmanship that went into its pattern with all its gold, silver thread and glass beads. A piece of old Indian royalty in my home :)

In the back, another piece from India, the Jaipur crafts center also at the City Palace. This one is rustic and country-like - handpainted on natural organic cotton. The comfiest one naturally - we take naps on the sofa with this one.

No comments: