Friday, October 30, 2009

Spoken too Soon

There is this Enid Blyton book, The Naughtiest Girl in School. In it, the lead character, Elizabeth, makes up her mind and tells everyone in plain sight that by the end of the year, she would be gone. Because she hates school, from day one.

The year goes by, and she finds that she doesn't hate it, no - in fact she has fallen in love with her school. But, as she put it, she had to be brave, and keep to her word - and leave. But someone (her Head Girl, I think) tells her - it's not brave to keep to your promise this time - what would be brave, is that she admitted what she really felt - and that she stayed.

I feel, with all my being somehow, that it was the wrong move to leave my last assignment.

I don't usually say this, but I was, no, I am, darn good at it. I'm good at owning my package, I'm good at chasing down (mutiple0 solutions, and I live for the site work. The outdoors, the being in the middle of it all, the rush of something brought to life, I feel the loss of it now.

And I loved it - the pace, the ever changing environment, the different phases you go through - most of all, I love seeing and putting life into things on paper.

Most of all, something that I worked so hard on, it just would be really nice to see things come into fruition.

I want to go offshore. What is wrong with me??

Maybe I made the move too soon.

So now, what do I do??

No comments: