Monday, January 2, 2012

Halocene & Hoppipola

I watched We Bought A Zoo because I thought it boasted a splendid cast - Matt Damon, Scarlett Johansson, Elle Fanning.

I spent a good few minutes crying occasionally throughout the movie, but the most beautiful thing about this movie was the magnificent music.

Especially this number by Bon Iver, an Indie musician that I have never heard of before. So haunting and poetic.



And this one, I have NO IDEA what he is singing (OK just Googled it, there is nothing wrong with my hearing - apparently it's part Icelandic, peppered with some "nonsensical phrases, a "language" the band calls Vonlenska or "Hopelandic" - how very Lord of the Rings). Something about this number uplifts my very heart. No wonder it was used in the video below, which begs viewing especially at minute 1:22 - the penguins march and 3:45 the emergence of the polar bear. Please watch this.

No comments: