Saturday, December 31, 2011

Home sweet home

The past few days have been glorious. I'm starting to notice a few factors that almost guarantee holiday and home bliss:

1) Meals with the family, with great funny conversation and great Penang food. Also, and very importantly so, making sure I visit my grandmother who raised me for many years. Sadly, she is in a home for the aged now.
d
2) Putting aside the grimness for next year, and instead, reading my gifted Calvin and Hobbes collection (my all time favourite comic strip) in bed.

3) Morning walks around the lovely hilly area my parents live in. They're lucky that their condo sits right beside a water catchment area = verdant jungle = cool and quiet. There's even a waterfall that can be seen from their balcony. My walks are my time with nature and myself. How I wish I lived with these surroundings every single day!

4) Great end of the year sale finds :) These comfy flats with unexpected tie details were 70% off at Vincci+, a more upmarket sister to the cheapo brand that's been around forever

No comments: