Friday, September 9, 2011

Reunion

For once, I am looking forward to a weekend in Miri. Well, I always look forward to weekends actually.

But now I will be snuggling up with two very excellent companions.

Babies, you left me hanging for a VERY VERY long time.

Yes, you, Ken Follett, I got your Pillars of the Earth at a London bookstore and you never left me in peace, even managing to distract me from the pleasures of a business class flight from London to KL. You then left me at World Without End, and I was miserable for a long time looking for a similar fix.

And as for YOU, Mr. George R. R. Martin, we go back much further, don't we? You reeled me in with A Song of Ice and Fire the day I innocently wandered into the bookstore near my university and somehow you called out to me amongst dozens of others more gaudily clad than you. You made me spend my precious government study loan money and then had me sacrifice my studies/sleep/every waking moment I could spare on you. You then had the audacity to killed my hero and left me seriously depressed (I know I say this often, but I mean it this time) - I cried, I sobbed, I tried to think of a dozen different ways of how it could have panned out. I even introduced my brothers to you, and you disappointed them as well. NOW, after 8 years (and no one else measuring up) you call out to me again.

Boys, it's good to have you (both) back.




You'd better not let me down this time.

No comments: