Wednesday, September 21, 2011

2011 Emmys

Despite my (pathetic) attempts to watch less mindless TV, I can't help myself. I MUST tune in every week for a dose of acerbic, vulgar, but infinitely hilarious Fashion Police! Joan Rivers, I love you!

Anyway they really outdid themselves in the episode covering this year's Emmys, especially the ending :)

Anyway, there were a few of the things about this year's fashion at the Emmys that caught my attention.

This is the first time I am acquainted with Lena Heady and I am smitten. Her getup is a perfect example of how one can cover up almost everything but still look drop dead sexy (AK the hot-blooded male will never understand this haha) and ooze class. Note to self: Copy this look!


Apparently she plays the despised (and may I add, ULTIMATE evil, heartless, cruel b*tch!) blonde Cersei Lannister in HBO's Game of Thrones, the TV rendition of the first of the Song of Ice and Fire series of books that I happen to love. The show has apparently garnered some rave reviews. Although after watching the preview online I don't think the series will live up to my imagination, very much like the entire Harry Potter franchise. Two minutes of watching the preview and I already have so many complaints. Why is Catelyn Tully so old and haggard?? Why is Bran so old? Jon Snow should be leaner and meaner, with darker eyes and hair. And a white-skinned Khal Drogo??? Are you kidding me??? Although having said all that, I must check out Lena as a blonde green-eyed medieval beauty.

This is why I love to blog, one can digress and shoot off into all tangents at will :)

Fashion, we were talking about fashion.



Am not sure whether I like Gwyneth Paltrow in this Lanvin number. I have a love/hate relationship with Gwyneth, I want to be her and sing at the Grammys *blush* wearing fabulous color block Louboutins and publish a beautiful cookbook where I'm pictured wearing floaty white dresses, setting up my rustic yet elegant table, firing up my pizza oven, and smooching my kids.








This of course also means that I hate her, haha. I also love (almost) all the outfits she models on Goop.com. But the Lanvin to me is just a horrible transmogrification of a saree. Slightly vulgar too, but not in a witty Joan Rivers way. Pity, she's normally so sleek and classy but this just looks hoochie. I expect this from Kim Kardashian or even Rihanna. Gwyneth should just continue to age gracefully and go back to sleek sheath dresses and uber chic suits.






OK, it's this year's Emmys we were talking about. Ahh. Again, Claire Danes is one of my best dressed in Oscar de la Renta.

I absolutely love this graphic sequinned dress. Where can I get a cheap copy??



Speaking of cheap, Katie Holmes. Meh. Boring, boring, boring. Moving on.

Zoey Deeschanel, who apparently is one of today's hottest trendsetters:


Well, well. Why would you wear an 80's prom dress to the Emmys?? Why would you wear an 80's prom dress anywhere??? Also what's with the beehive?? Maybe she's paying homage to the late Amy Winehouse, but seriously no one but Amy could pull it off.

Melissa McCarthy:


My first thought was: Barney the dinosaur. OK that was politically incorrect, and downright mean. I'm sure she's witty and talented and all but you can't wear purple and expect me to not think of Barney.

Oh, and this is something else that caught my attention. Not the dress though. I didn't make much of this black Elie Saab that Evan Rachel Wood had on, but I'm totally digging her super cool hairdo



Altogether sleek, modern-slash-50's feminine with the razor shaved back and 50's like front. One day, when they invent a cream that will chisel my face and lift my saggy neck I will try this style. Admiring only for now.

No comments: