Monday, September 5, 2011

Courtesy of BKK and KL

So our week-long holiday comes to an end. We had a great time catching up with friends, eating great food and shopping till our feet hurt. And I spent a glorious 3 days in Bangkok with my gal pal Lisa (we've known each other since kindergarten)

So tomorrow we go back to work, and on the bright side of things, get to pick up our dearest BooBoo.

I've decided to celebrate my recent purchases :) - what, you didn't think Boots stuff were the only things I brought back after a week in Bangkok AND KL??

So here's the damage:-

1) Accesories galore from Bangkok. I've haven't parted with the ring with the black stone since the day I got it. Swarovski crystal teardrops which I plan to wear with my black and white evening dress for a friend's wedding this coming December. Studs for everyday - simple square crystal studs (that Lisa helpfully said brightened up my face when I tried them on) and starfish shapes.





2) New collection of striped tops from Zara (in organic cotton no less) and Uniqlo - the fashion world and my beloved Lisa can colour-block all they want, but I can't get enough of stripes. Oh, and one cotton button-neck top in Navy from Uniqlo - because it was on offer, and was oh-so-soft.



3) Two pairs of pants from a BKK night market. A happy coincidence (and mean to be), as our cab was stuck in traffic for almost two hours and it got too late to catch the Siam Niramit show (which by the way, is a MUST SEE for anyone visiting the City of Angels. Why it isn't more famous, I cannot understand. Lisa then promptly decided to detour to the nearby night market instead, where I turned my nose up at almost everything, until we met a lady selling only pants at her stall. She refused to sell me the ones which she felt might not fit (there was no trying). I ended up with not only these two very different pairs of pants (one slim and tapered, the other flared). I even returned the next day for more but she didn't have any that I wanted in my size. The tapered pants are beautifully made, fit me like a dream and are super comfy. And did I meantion that I paid RM25 for them??

4) Hair ties (I'm always losing them and believe it or not, can't find suitable ones in Miri), plus spares to boot.

5) This supercool pussy-bow top from Seed, which looks like super prim and granny-like polka-dotted blouse from afar. Take a closer look - they're actually skulls! So Alexander McQueen, and probably the closest I'll get to owning a piece of his design.





6) Handmade leather sandals from Bangkok in Hermes-like orange, plus a leather bracelet in the same colour.



7) More kitchen stuff!

- New oven mitts to replace the ones I burnt and stained beyond recognition
- Pasta container (finally!)

(Both are from Aino Living in Desa Parkcity, they're also in Empire Subang)

- New Vietnamese Coffee maker from BKK
- Japanese cast-iron teapot, and tea infusers (one for us and one for dad)



- New non-stick roasting tray with its own rack.

8) FOOOOODDDDDD....!

- Tapau-ed macadamia caramel cake - almost every bakery/deli in Siam Paragon was hawking a version of this. Savoured the whole thing by myself early one morning while waiting for Mr. Sleepyhead to wake up. I MUST find a recipe for this!



- Ginger tea and ground ginger, the former for those tummyaches and PMS days, the latter for cooking and baking
- One of each type of Thai chilli paste
- Blue Elephant loose-leaf jasmine green tea
- My favourite M & S Ginger biscuits
- Thai wild honey from the Siam Paragon health food section

No comments: