Saturday, December 12, 2009

Self Indulgence

I probably should mention that I turned 28 not too long ago. Damn that number THREE-OH is looming.

AK took me for a sumptuous buffet at the super popular Lemon Garden Cafe at the Shangri-La Kuala Lumpur. I loved the smoked duck breast, Tandoori Prawns, salmon sashimi and sticky chocolate cake the most.

In addition, I also bought a lemon meringue pie from a little cafe in Mid Valley (which turned out to be so good), a slice of key lime pie from (again, I can't recall the name) from a cafe in Bangsar Village, and lots and lots of bakua and kaya puffs to cart home.

We visited Ikea, where I went a little crazy picking up a mass of stuff for the kitchen in the new place (stainless steel wall shelf and railings, hooks and a cutlery container).

For myself, I indulged in the following:

1) A 20 cm JW Schillings chef's knife (on sale - RM150), that I cut myself with pretty deeply the first day I used it - I am terrified of that knife now)
2) A slew of cookbooks - Sherry Yard's The Secret of Baking, MFK Fisher's The Gastronomical Me and Martha Stewart's Baking Handbook
3) Lancome Vibrating Mascara - supposedly it lengthens the lashes with prolonged use. Hey, no harm hoping, right? It is a bit thick and clumpy for my taste, but with a lash comb this can be easily rectified.

All in all, a pretty indulgent one.

No comments: