Monday, July 13, 2009

Rediscovering JB

I never thought I'd say this.

After living in Miri - Oh JB, how I love thee.

I love the food.

I love Tebrau City Mall - it's has all the necessary outlets (Guess, MNG, a big well-stocked bookstore, dozens of interesting food outlets, except no Zara)

We have been feasting well - fish head curry, Snow crab, prawns, Korean barbecue and some really excellent rib eye at the newly opened Thistle Hotel. Oh, and the durians and mangosteens and rambutans. And seedless grapes.

I am even warming up to the traffic jam - 45 minutes of traffic ain't so bad when you got Hitz.fm to supply a couple of laughs.

And shopping, of course. So far I have (or we have) bought the following:

1) A pretty Bohemian dress from MNG, blue floral pattern with bell sleeves, 50% off!
2) A short-sleeved satin blouse that can be worn up or down, with a skirt, slacks or shorts
3) A thick yoga mat
4) A premium cotton, travel friendly (aka wrinkle-proof) green long-sleeved jersey, 50% from British India. I plan to wear this on flights, it's super comfy.
5) An aqua-coloured bikini top (haven't found the suitable bottoms yet)
6) A long cotton top with embroidery on the collar line, for beach vacations (as a swimsuit cover up)
7) A brown bean bag for home

Aargh how I long to leave Miri.

No comments: