Friday, March 13, 2009

On Me, NOW

- I work day and night with men, and I best most of them on the job. Sorry, gotta say it.
- I'm a huge fan of Taylor Swift
- I listen to the lyrics more than the music
- I love mostly Rock, and Country songs. Sweet Child of Mine, after all these years still gets me on my feet
- I love U2 too
- I'm still gaga over Jason Castro, the 3rd Runner Up in American Idol. I doubt I can be such a huge fan of any other AI contestant anymore
- But David Cook's music on AI was da best. Jason just had me at "Hallelujah"
- When I listen to a song that whets my musical appetite, I whip up my cheapo Paris Hilton mobile and key in the lyrics as I hear them. I then Google those lyrics, get the song title and then I Ares the song :)
- I sometimes dream of imaginery statuses on for my Facebook profile - e.g. Deborah is deciding between the sand dunes of Oman and the Ice floes of Sakhalin, or Deborah baked Nutella cupcakes today, or Deborah is in Bali, ChiangMai, climbing Kinabalu, diving off Sipadan, "diamond solitaire or Le Creuset Dutch Oven, or better still, KitchenAid". Or Deborah gave her boss a good piece of her mind". I really need to get a life.
- I'm a closet exhibitionist (hah! now that's an oxymoron)
- I pretend as much as possible to stay cool, calm and collected. But truthfully, I suffer from verbal diarrhoea more often than I'd like to admit. Sigh.
- I really wanna show off by sharing my baking produce with my collegueas, but I'm afraid of being known as the Muffin Girl, or worse, Brownie Bimbo
- I really wanna wear my black shift to work but am afraid to
- I really am afraid of a lot of things
- I enjoy being alone most of the time. In fact, truthfully, I'd rather be alone than with company I feel so-so about
- The only friends I really miss are my schoolmates
- I miss my family so much sometimes it hurts. Reading an email from my dad makes me break out in tears sometimes.
- I have a deep, fierce love for my younger brothers and would do anything for them. I hope they chase after their craziest, wildest dreams no matter what and not settle like their sister did
- I was diagnosed as having under-active thyroid glands, which make me - put on weight easily, and cold all the time. I hate being cold so much more than feeling hot, and would pick Nigeria over Russia if I was presented with the choice
- I have a love-hate relationship with Miri. I love the lack of traffic jams, the general kindness of the people, the fact that my house is 2 minutes away from work and all this enables me to pursue things like baking and investing. I hate the lousy service, the wacko/sleepy/totally unaware drivers and the lousy car parks. I am grateful that there really is nowhere to spend my money on, but resent all the things I cannot buy.
- I love babies and little kids but the thought of having my own scares the hell out of me so much.
- I love Kevin Spacey for being so cool in The Negotiator and LA Confidential, and Colin Farrel when I saw his bad-boy, just got out bed look on E! Channel
- Watching Gray's Anatomy makes me regretful that I did not pursue my first love of medicine. But being offshore, and some elements of what I do now actually gives me plenty of satisfaction

Try and catch me now....

No comments: