Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Dreaming again...

I'm blogging now because I just completed my Offshore Survival refresher over the past 2 days and all that firefighting, groping my way through a pitch-dark smokehouse, jumping off a platform and swimming in my heavy cotton coveralls has left me with a bit of brain fug today.

So I blog.

Inspired by my friend's wedding registry, I have listed the following as my items of utmost desire (AK I hope you're reading):

1) Le Creuset enamelled cast-iron Dutch Oven. Failing that, an Ikea Favourit enamelled cast-iron pot will do also - gotta start somewhere
2) Le Creuset cast iron grill pan for stovetop grilling
3) A marble slab for rolling pastry, I've tried chilling my wooden cutting board in the fridge before rolling my pastry, with so-so results.
4) A preseasoned cast-iron frying pan (Ikea will do also)
5) A pizza stone
6) As always, a KitchenAid with meat mincer attachment, and a built-in oven from Miele or Gaggenau

My dream kitchen will look like this:

- Gleaming glossy white cabinets
- White Solid surfacing (Corian or Samsung) countertops extending to the wall-mounted cabinets for easy maintenance
- 2 huge ceramic lab sinks
- Extendable hose taps thingy
- Dishwasher and dryer
- Teracotta pots filled with mint, basil, rosemary, coriander and chillies
- Plasma-Silver-Ion-nanotech fridge with icemaker- Ice-Cream maker- A Convection Oven, Steam-Convection-Microwave Oven, Salamander, Hot stone grill and a smoker
- Air conditioning- White flourescent lighting
- Magimix food processor
- Gas and induction hobs
- Electric deep-fryer
- Ipod docking station for playing music
- A view of the TV
- A breakfast/bar counter, solid surfaced, with its own little sink and a shelf above it holding wine/waterglasses, drawers for storing cutlery and little saucers and at least 2 electrical points for plugging in a blender/electric kettle. With 3 bar stools.

Oh, it's gonna be gorgeous!

No comments: