Saturday, January 24, 2009

Chocolate-Chip Coffee Cupcakes

Another happily adapted recipe from a gorgeous blog which has sadly been discontinued. I don't like cakes too moist so I adapted it a little. I also like a stronger coffee taste, so would use more coffee.

Am looking forward to topping these with a chocolate icing and sprinking with coloured rice to match with their little cupcake cases :)






Coffee Cupcakes with Chocolate Chips

- Will make around 18 small cupcakes

3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperatur
1,1/2 cups sugar
3 large eggs, room temperature
2 cups + 1 tablespoon self-raising flour
1/8 teaspoon salt - I just omitted this since I used
2 tablespoons instant coffee (I used Nescafe)
1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons evaporated milk
Semisweet chocolate chips, 3 tablespoons - I chopped my own 76% cocoa butter bar

1. Cream butter and sugar until light and creamy. While most people say it takes 3-5 minutes, I always take much longer, say 20 minutes with a handheld electric beater. I beat till the batter is close to white and I can't see the sugar granules anymore.
2. Still using the electric beaters, beat in the eggs one at a time.
3. Sift flour and coffee together.
4. Fold in the flour+coffee mixture, 1/4 cup at a time
5. Fold in the milk, 1-2 tablespoons at a time
6. Fold in the chocolate chips.
7. Fill your cupcake moulds till half full
8. Bake at 170 degC for 20 minutes.



Goodnight, my dears.

No comments: