Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Chocolate BLOB Cookies

Pfft. So-called hearts, mine turned out to be blobs. Thank goodness they were tasty blobs, though :)

Again, thanks Recipezaar.

Of course I tweaked the recipe, reducing the sugar by a tablespoon and replacing a tablespoon of flour with cocoa. I also added roasted almonds, pounded into smaller chunks and chocolate chips.

Ingredients
1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup baking cocoa

Directions
In a small mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
Beat in vanilla.
Combine the flour and cocoa; gradually add to creamed mixture.
On a lightly floured surface roll the dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Deb: If you can manage to, that is. All I got was a lump of sticky dough so I used teaspoons to dole out my blobs.
Cut with a heart-shaped cookie cutter placing 2-inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes.
Remove to wire racks to cool.

No comments: