Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Rancangan Tergendala


Last year, when it happenned, it tought me:

1) That strangers are way more helpful than I give them credit for. People offered to push my trolley at the airport, kept doors open for me and generally were really considerate
2) That this company has some screwed up priorities
3) That my offshore folks ARE so much nicer than I expected - hailed cabs for me even though it takes longer to nail one down than to walk back to the hotel in KL, and hold the umbrella for me
4) That no matter how hard I try and pride myself on being independent, I just have to depend on the people around me. And learn to trust them.


Dear God, did I forget all that I've learnt?

No cooking, exercising, going to Pasar Ramadhan, buying mooncakes and kaya buns by myself. For at least a month.

Can't even do damn own laundry or do my own dishes. (Never thought I'd say this.)

Now I just hope that I can get well enough to be able to get to Singapore in October. Please?
If not for the lousy exchange rate, I would have ordered Mes Confitures to make myself feel better.
Sigh. But that is not to be.
Because I need to save for Singapore. *wink*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I was browsing for something on offshore life and came across your blog. Some nice read.
Anyway, just wanted to wish you a speedy recovery. Hope you get well soon. Take care.