Saturday, September 27, 2008

A New Home, Soon

My dearest,

I have an announcement to make.

I finally have a chance. A real chance.

To have a place of my (our own).

You see, dear housemate has gotten a job in a faraway island just south of the Peninsular.

Which means AK and I, we'll be officially house hunting pretty soon.

I've been a bit crazy about home decor and am absolutely thrilled. A chance to choose my own sofa (has to be the softest, most plush I can afford - is a couch potato priority); to buy big white plates and scrolled silverware; to finally bring out some of the things I bought but never dared to use; to hang up our photos; to finally be able to bring our beloved Baby into the house.

You know what they say, buy what you love and it'll all come together.

Well, he is my wish list of things I have fallen, head over heels, big-sigh-I-reaaaally-wish-I-had-my-own-place with:-

1) Lascurain's joyous Celebrate! and Secret Place paintings, I'd place them in my bedroom. Too beautiful for words.


2) Big martini glasses or glass tumblers

3) Fancy cookware from Le Creuset, cast-iron frypans, silicone bakeware

4) Nigella Lawson's pastel blue mixing bowls
5) Venetian mirrors! Sooooo......jaw-droppingly expensive
6) Dare I - chaise lounge!
7) Small copper bowls and dishes, for Indian banana leaf meals (still hope AK!!??)

And then there are the simplest pleasures I found living here that I plan to make the effort to bring to anywhere I live next, next and next:-

A bathroom that allows views of the foliage outside. Our current bathroom has a window with panes that tilt upwards and inside (so we can see out but you can't see in :) ), and there is a wonderful pleasure to shower and "pretend" to be in Eden.

Eating in the most comfy queen sized bed in the world. Yes, eating in bed. One of life's ultimate pleasures.

Yes,yes, we shall.

No comments: