Thursday, September 11, 2008

Day 3 And I'm Getting It

So it's Day 3 of crutches and am already feeling like it's forever.

Housemate is in Singapore/Europe now so I can drive her Auto car to work. Lucky (?) for me this time it's the left foot so as long as I don't have to step on a clutch I'm good to go.

I've done the following since yesterday:

- packed my stuff, including making myself a bread-and-kaya breakfast
- laptop, oversized handbag and all, get myself from house to car, parking lot to office cubicle - think I got this down to a science now. Leaves me exhausted and sweating by the time I reach my cubicle but at least I'm doing it by myself
- refilled my water and made my coffee
- made Maggie Mee with prawn and chicken balls for my dinner
- fed the cat
- hand-washed and hung up my clothes
- threw the rubbish into the MPM bin outside the house

Wondering how I can cook? See, the biggest problem with using crutches is the fact that both one's hands are occupied with them thus making it real difficult to hold anything. When I made my dinner I pushed the bowl around in a chair.

So - a trolley will definitely make it work...hmm....

Another big issue is that I won't be getting much exercise as long as I'm having to hobble around like this. Adding to this, erm, issue is the fact that I'm so bored at home that the only thing that comforts be sometimes is just to eat anything I can get my hands on. Am gonna need a lot willpower to overcome this. The other temptation, is, of course, online shopping but our wonderful Malaysian exchange rates just don't allow it.

C'mon foot, heal, heal, heal...

No comments: