Saturday, September 13, 2008

Dream Tableware - My List

I want...

- big white plates and serving dishes

- silverware - forks, spoons, knives with ornate carvings- etched stemware like the waterglass here, which I found at Anthropologie.com:-



...Big cappucino cups that double as soup bowls

.....Oriental lacquered bowls with gilded chopsticks, on (faux) rosewood trays

......China blue painted bowls for the kopitiam look - for serving simpler stuff, of course

.......Stoneware bowls

.....Stainless steel or, even better, brass Indian serving dishes

.....And I have fallen head-over-heels (and I mean that - I've daydreamed of them) these beautiful, beautiful scrolled Turkish/Moroccan tumblers....where can I find them???


(Reminder to self: Lim's Arts and Living, Singapore)


Of course, cheery yellow melamine plates and bowls for everyday use. Melamine stands up to heat and looks so much better than normal plastic stuff. Here's mine holding freshly plucked, washed and trimmed pandan leaves.



Slowly slowly I shall build up my collection..you'll see.

No comments: