Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Solo in KL

Am alone in KL, alone in the office. I've been eating dinner 2 nights in a row at the same Little Penang restaurant, eating the same Penang Prawn Noodles, my nose buried in Newsweek (compliments of the Nikko hotel). I fall asleep to CNN rhetorics, and wake up to have breakfast at the most hospitably staffed, but rather pathetically spread Nikko lounge breakfast buffet. You know I mean pathetic when I've been eating Weetabix 2 days in a row and actually enjoying it.

Flying solo is not all bad at all, truthfully. Plenty of time at night to waltz around KLCC with all my thoughts swirling in my head, plenty of time to let those thoughts swirl in my head, for me to taste them, touch their beginnings, run my mind through them like, fine toothed or wide toothed, taste their undertones, swill them as I want left, right, turn them upside down, swallow or discard. All while (mostly) window shopping and, in between the tasting of the thoughts, hating the fact that it's not that I can't really afford the stuff I want, it's my damned "good judgement". Aargh, the inner tug of war between the frivolous, vain, it-looks-too-good-on-me-to-pass-it-up me and the other more ominous voice of reason. What is there to be gained from these "investments"? Think of the house, think of the house. Think Rich Dad Poor Dad, make your money work for you. Yeesh, no fun at all. No denying that a good outfit can make my day, though. One just feels greater when one manages to turn some heads, no?

Had a super mind-matter intensive meeting yesterday with a really (in my opinion, anyways) brilliant engineer. Now, I've failed a Menda test before, and my university results are so-so, but really, I seldom have go into things or learn stuff that makes my mind bend over backwards like it did yesterday. Engineering is not something to tough, right? That's why we get paid so little, right?

But yesterday I came away from the 8 hour long meeting with a pounding headache that a super kau espresso (what is this la - since when are there watery espressos anyways - they'd be Americanos, no?) did nothing to cure.

It was a refreshing experience, one that left me with a pounding headache and very much too weak to do some serious shopping, oops, dinner-hunting in KL.

Wow, wish I could work with him.

No comments: