Tuesday, July 3, 2012

In limbo, in comfort

So the ridiculous saga that is the acquisition of our first home is still ongoing. The somewhat consolation is that we get an extended 2 weeks in this current service apartment (on top of my allocated 30 days). The price I have to pay for that is a two-week long business trip to Miri to support my old team, but at least I get to fly back on the weekends and spend precious time with AK and Boo. This gives us another one and a half months to sort things out - I am just grateful for that.

In the meantime, AK and I are scouting for furnishings (he is on the hunt for a beanbag), getting Boo adjusted  the his surroundings, and eating up a storm (over the two weekends past so far we have indulged in Spanish tapas, Japanese fusion, tons of hawker fare including zhang (glutinous rice dumplings with meat, mushrooms, beans and slated egg yolks - it is the festival after all), a 50-ringgit chicken rice meal that had us in regret later,  plus durians, mangoes, Belgian chocolates and red velvet cake.

Now that I am holed up in the Miri, I have resolved to try and enjoy the perks of business travel as much as possible. Last week was a bit of a blur - working till it was dark outside (so uncommon in the Miri office), followed by late dinners (room service) in the hotel, with a few gym visits throughout. This week, I am going to take the time to enjoy my room service, swim in the gorgeous, lagoon-style pool (the one good thing about the blazing weather is that the water is so warm and silky - so no muscle cramps or anything like that), admire the sun set over the South China Sea (not gonna get that in KL) with a cold drink in hand, more gym visits, even getting my laundry done for me.

What I look forward to this weekend - my parents coming down to KL. Life, while far from perfect, is good.


Sunset


Poolside
View from the balcony
Room service + Seafood dinner

No comments: