Thursday, October 20, 2011

F & M





AK is not one to plan our trips abroad - he leaves these things to me - where to go, what to do, where to stay and eat, etc. Oh, he'll chip in with the odd "Do we really need our own villa?" or "We should explore China next year", and of course gasp at the rates of my desired hotel every once in a while, but most of the time, he goes along with my whims and fancies.



This time I got lucky. Since he was exploring London with a colleague two weeks before we met up there, this time he had an idea of where he wanted to take me in our limited time in London - a place he knew I'd go absolutely bonkers in given my love for food markets and such - one of my favourite things to do in any foreign place is visit the food markets, or even just regular supermarkets to check out the fresh produce and conveniences on offer. I've brought back French pate, German dried pork belly, wines, polenta, Ritter Sport chocolates, even cat food from abroad.



Despite my online orders arriving safely at AK's hotel, I was a little disappointed at not being able to visit Harvey Nichols as we wanted to reduce our travel time as much as possible, and I had made Anthropologie my top priority in London. Luckily Forntnum and Mason's was just a few blocks away. Happily, the visit there well made up for not making to Harvey Nicks. I went a little nuts there, and of course wished we had more money and luggage space to cart back it all.

Handmade marshmallows - plain vanilla, rose, strawberry.



Skull and ghost candies for Halloween.






Honeycomb and chutneys and crabapple jellies.





Stilton in clay jars.






Garlic-infused olive oil.




Lovely assortment of baked goods.






We spent a good two hours there and would have stayed for scones and clotted cream if time permitted. We also carted back lots of tea for our families back home in their lovely silver and turqoise tins. Love :)

No comments: