Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Just because it's not yours...

So we just came back from a rather grueling (physically, and yes, financially) 3-day seminar that was supposed to help us make better financial decisions and grow rich by investing in real estate. One of the tips the speaker gave was to rent, not buy, for the first fifteen years of your married/attached (in our case) life - RENT, don't buy to free up loan capacity, i.e. property investment. It's all about the amortization and paying interests etc etc...too boring really to bring up here. This bummed me out a bit because I was so looking forward to having a house of our own - one that I can design and decorate to my hearts content - you know, white silestone countertops, breakfast island counter, teak dining table, chandelier.........shopping trips to Malacca and Bangkok.. :( But the POINT here, my dears, is to make sacrifices (?) so that we don't have to be chained to our careers, and so that I can one day do something I want to do, not have to do, and lead a comfortable, if slightly luxurious life. So the grand dreams (plans) when we move back (please please please) to buy a place is on the shelf for now. So what do I do to cheer myself up? I check out what's in the rental market! Some prospects I am liking:







- Le Chateau, that looks like it's in the middle of nowhere (Bukit Seputeh) - love the size and price, and the greenery outside!!







- Suria Jelatek - nice location (middle of the city Ampang), infinity pool, newer development and very reasonably priced considering these features (helloooo...i. Plenty of units up for rent which means that I can take my pick.




- Tropicana Tropics - right above a pretty new mall, and nice modern and new facilities - gym, pool, shopping!! And so much choice, all vying for our attention..




- Sri Putramas off Jalan Kuching - the landscaping looks gorgeous, prices are kinda in between, still rather reasonable for the location




- Changkat View off Jalan Duta - nicely renovated, OK-looking view, you can get it with airconditioning, fully fitted out kitchen, water heater and everything. Although come to think of it AK and I have our own air conditioners and heaters - which probably means that we can get a lesser furnished place for a cheaper price. Sweet!





The good thing about the recent property craze is the huge glut of condominiums that KL will have in one to two years..all the better for people like us looking to rent. I fully expect us to be totally spoilt for choice.

This is dilemma I truly wish to grapple with..sigh.

No comments: