Sunday, February 20, 2011

More than EVER

I want to be able to be a mere road trip away, not two flights and one stopover, away from home.

I want to be able to get jump the car and drive back when my mother needs her daughter.

I want to be able to be there to celebrate my grandmother's birthday, and my uncle's 30th wedding anniversary.

I want to be able to fly to Bangkok or Bali on a whim, and not have to spend (at least) 500 bucks on plane tickets just to get to the international terminal orto go to a good friend's wedding.

I want to have more than one Indian restaurant to choose from.

I want to be totally overwhelmed by choices, and not have to do soul searching every time the question of "Where to eat?" arises.

I want to be first, not last at the Zara sale.

I want my parents, brothers or cousins to spend a holiday or weekend at my house should they so wish.

I want to be able to do all of this with my weekend:

- Visit an art exhibition
- Watch a play in the theatre
- See the philharmonic orchestra
- Browse a flea market
- Shop at a hypermarket
- Drive to Malacca for popiah and shopping
- Take macaron baking lessons

I want to be able to consult another orthopaedic surgeon.

I want to be able to go shopping/for dinner/physiotherapy without bumping into colleagues.

I want to be able to drive and lean my head on AK's shoulder in the car without a colleague telling me about it the next day.

I want to be able to see my ex-schoolmates more often and make friends outside the office.

I can honestly say, after five years, I hate it here. I hate it here more than ever.

I am sick of small town, culture-less living.

No comments: