Saturday, April 24, 2010

On the Heart, the Mind and Work

I've been beaten up pretty bad - by my standards anyway. Public rebukes, dismissal of my opinions, unrealistic and unclear demands, work that I had to re-do again and again.

But surprisingly I've been more than mature about it. I used to sob and cry over smaller insults and missteps, but this time I remember what Fr. Gino told us during the Women's Conference - don't let people get you down. Stand up straight, and remember that YOU are someone, God's child. Let people throw sticks and stones and say whatever they want to say. Let it slide. Water off a duck's feathers.

Get your priorities straight, be it family, money, enjoying life to the max, whatever. And remember that it's just a job. Something to put the moolah in the bank.

And so, I continue with a hardened heart. Not cold and unfeeling, but cool and unwavering. And it's time to put the brain in charge when it comes to matters of work and the career.

I came back yesterday with a resolve to win things over. Like I always do. Usually it's sooner, but now it's later - but the important thing is not to give up.

And the world is with with me, like Oprah when she go El Divo to sing Amazing Grace and I caught it twice - so beautiful.

And American Idol and the Inspiration week - my remaining favourite Lee Dwyze (my other fave Didi Benami got booted off earlier) - sang The Boxer by Simon and Garfunkel wonderfully.

And so, I move on.

No comments: