Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Milestones

I've been doing a fair bit of brooding these days, mostly due to work stuff.




This has gotta change. I have been finding it difficult to identify my worth in this place. I don't kid myself - work is where I spend 80% of my life - one HAS to find something worthy and fulfilling about it or one's entire life becomes a futile exercise of meaningless repetitions.


Thus, in an effort to find the positive in what Iam doing, I will write down the changes that this person has undergone since coming to this middle-of-nowhere town - in no apparent order:

- Lost almost 10 kg since I came to Miri end of 2005

- Visited Europe for the first time

- Flew business class

- Found someone who has stood by me in some of my worst moments, and has brought out the deepest fears/thoughts in me

- Bought my first piece of property

- Invested in the stock market

- Adopted a cat who has grown to become the light of our lives

- Experienced life away from civilization, and whaddayouknow, found a home away from home

- Learnt to cook

- Karaoke'd for the 1st time in my life
- Lived with 300 plus guys for 2 weeks at a time for almost a year

- Realized, for the 1st time, and NOT dreading it - that I'm turning into my mother in many, many ways ;)





Photos are from Bukit Tabur, a hill near Taman Melawati, Kuala Lumpur. An old friend from uni introduced me. Thanks, CS!

Some of the most amazing views I have seen in the capital of our country, no?

No comments: