Friday, May 9, 2008

My American Idol

Thank you Jason Castro.




This performance was, to me, magic.


You made me a true fan of American Idol for the first time.


I'll pretend it's not your deep blue eyes (I think I have a thing for eyes - have you seen AK's?) and adorable baby photos. You made me realize that it is possible to remain yourself - honest, down to earth, humble and true to oneself, and it is possible in front of millions of people. It's ok to goof up, so long as one stays humble and is truthful about it. And it is absolutely necessary not to take oneself seriously, and that is what's endearing.


To take criticism honestly, but never let it get you down.

This guy, with his goofiness, funny, slightly cringe-inducing interview answers and all represents what I truly want to be (cringe again) - to be honest, sincere and not worry about what others think, because honesty to oneself is utmost.

So thank you. I'm actually glad he's off American Idol in a way (although I don't get to see him anymore...............) because it would be a shame to let the "Hollywood-ness" get to him. I'd buy his album in a throbbing heartbeat.

And that's what it's all about.

No comments: