Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Sleep is Sweet & So Is Cintan Mee

Finally home after all the craziness for the past 3 weeks. (2 nights KL, 1 night Penang, 6 hours travel back to Miri, training in Miri+caught in the bloody rain, offshore F23 10 nights+flu & fever+shutdown maintenance, then back for daily 1-hour-each-to-and-fro-driving Miri to and from Brunei for training for 5 days+last minute cramming for my exam last Wed+flying off to Foreign platform and hurriedly completing my assignment there. I know I've been ranting about the same thing for some time, but I promise this is the last - I am free now after all. (Yay!)

Am back and finally able to breathe, eat and sleep whenever I want. Now I should be able to shake of the remnants of this pesky flu bug (still a bit of a sniffle and tickles in the throat, but overall much better - after 2 weeks, the longest ever I had the flu)

And boy, am I doing that (the sleeping and eating).

It didn't take me too long once I got home - after some channel surfing, dozed off on the couch for 3 hours. Sleep has not felt that wonderful for the longest time - I felt like I was floating. Ahh, sleep high. Sweet is the only word that comes to mind.

Which explains this midnight blogging - hehe.

On a gastronomical note, we ate at the THE WORST RESTAURANT EVER in Miri. 8 bucks for a bowl of rice+margarine+little cheese+thinnest slices of canned mushrooms, and another 8 for pizza with a soggy bready crust and ketchup for the sauce. Ugh. Could not finish the food and ended up with gastric tonight, which is also another reason why I can't sleep.

Well, what else is there to do? I tried drinking hot milk, swallowing Maalox, hot cocoa, Tim Tams, Pringles, milk chocolate, Chinese medicine - small black coloured balls in a capsule (in that order). Until now, no improvement.

Then I gave in. Out came the instant noodles in my trusty microwave. Cintan Duck Soup Flavour, with extra grinds of black pepper. Impatiently watched it spin in the micro. Slurped the hot peppery soup reading this and burnt my tongue stuffing the swollen (kembang) noodles into my mouth. Ahh, bliss.

Me and Tummy are much happier now.

So, well sated, the bed now beckons like a long lost paramour. May our sleep be as sweetly elevating as it was this afternoon.

Nighty nite.

No comments: