Monday, November 19, 2007

Garden Photos

Photos which I always wanted to put up, taken with AK's camera in the early hours of the morning, when the dewdrops are still wet on the leaves and the air is still heavy and cool. Think I took these some 6 months ago.

Dewdrops clinging to the cowgrass.


Pegaga, growing by our drain. Local Malaysia lore dictates many medicinal uses for it - and it
grows prolifically almost anywhere with stagnant water. I've never tried any of the remedies though - hmm, potent brain tonic and excellent for memory loss....urinary tract infection...tonsilitis, arsenic and snake bite antidote....jaundice...dysentery. Wah, there's an entire pharmacy growing by our stinky drain!!!


Heliconia in my neighbour's garden (most of the grown flowers here are our neighbours...we grow mostly weeds and the occasional pumpkin seedlings - which we then leave to fend for themselves)


Touch-me-nots or Mimosa pudica (wah my biology still hidup). I'm still fascinated by the way their leaves shut when touched.

Don't know the names of these plants (all our neighbours')...wish I could put them into the Google search bar and look up their names....



No comments: