Monday, November 19, 2007

Demise of A Colleague's Mum & Waiting A-Waiting

Waiting on the chopper now.....

Well, it's supposed to be good news but it truly isn't - the only reason I am on an flight back to Miri is because the guy who I was working with the past 2 days - his mum just passed away this morning and there is an emergency flight diversion to take him home. So conveniently, I am on that flight too.

I was asking to go home, but never at the expense of someone losing his mum...am gaving gulty vibes now. Well, I didn't ask for it, I guess, and given a choice between him having his mum still alive and me going home today, well, it's a no-brainer. Not even a choice even. What's one more night? Nothng.............

We just met two days ago, and started work straightaway, him giving me all that I asked for and more.

He was just telling me last night that she seemed to be stabilizing (she had heart problems), so I can imagine how shocked and devastated he must be feeling now. No, scrap that. I CANNOT imagine what it would be like suddenly losing my mum. Even thinking about it gives me the chills.

To Ahmad, I am truly sorry for your loss. You and your family will be in my prayers.


Random offshore pics:


No comments: