Tuesday, October 29, 2013

HOME-made Greek Yoghurt

Home.

I never thought I'd be savouring this word so much.

All the bits and pieces have finally come together. We took delivery or our new sofa and my newly beloved, full stainless-steel French-door Electrolux fridge (sometimes I feel like giving it a big hug), and purchased white Ikea shelves to store and display our book collection. Now there's plenty of food (and space) in the fridge, Boo has (rather quickly, I might add) reserved his spot on the sofa, and the shelves are filled with reads colleted over the years, with some space to spare. We even have a couple of plants - a giant money tree to fill the corner next to the shelves, mint in the kitchen and rosemary in the living room (because it's so perfect I want to show it off). I'll be sharing some photos when I'm ready.

What a long way we've come.

And I made Greek Yoghurt, following this impeccable recipe to the word (the one for the Greek version, that is). Smooth, thick and luscious, and with just a hint of a tang, it came out better than I expected. We've been eating big dollops of it with honey, and I've also been blending it into our smoothies (another post on that one coming up soon).




Now to get that wedding over and done with.

No comments: