Sunday, September 19, 2010

Pit Stop

I just don't get Bieber Fever. Sign of ageing, perhaps? Maturing *snort* I'll take it. Love Taylor Swift though. Oh, and totally Anti-Miley.

My current obsession: football. Cesc Fabregas is genius.

Current sitcom that BOTH AK and I love - How I Met Your Mother. Current reality show I'm into - not Amazing Race, not Wipeout, NOT Jerseyshore or the Kardashians - Top Chef. And Criminal Minds has the most beautiful music.

Current read: Ghosts of Spain - Travels Through Its Silent Past by Giles Bennet. I don't have a very good record of reading non-fiction, factual books. I slogged through the last one (Bury Me Standing). But this one has me flipping and flipping in bed till my eyes water. The more I read about Spain (on Wikipedia mostly), the more I am fascinated by this "Nation of Nations", where different regions still cannot stand each other (Catalans and Basques call themselves Anti-Madrilistas), where football is the new "war" of the autonomies, but thanksfully this does not apply to team compositions, where Castillians and Asturians are as celebrated as the Catalans in Barcelona FC, the pride of Catalonia and a Basque plays for Real Madrid. Of course, this is how it should be but it fascinates me (football in general) how the sport crosses old borders and brings sworn enemies together. Spain is the only Western European country that not only retained is traditional folk dance/music - flamenco, and not only is it retained, it has flourished in both traditional and morphed versions.

Current trend I am sporting - Indian-style tunic tops, cosy cardigans (with ruffles - in black, open cardigans - in heather gray). Large rings I wear on my index finger.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Il semble que vous soyez un expert dans ce domaine, vos remarques sont tres interessantes, merci.

- Daniel