Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Take A Bow, '08

In 2008, I have:
1) Lost 10 pounds, almost without effort
2) Found myself struggling for the 1st time to keep up at work3) bitten off more than I can chew - sad to say that I will continue chewing the cud straight into 2009
4) Visited Cambodia, Spain and London
5) Seriously rethinking if I really want an assignment into a temperate country
6) Invested in the stock market for the 1st time, and feeling the pain of it - yikes!
8) Found some new people I could really look up, and, sadly, down on (truthfully, I do, I can't help it)
9) Spent, spent, spent and more money than the past 2 years put together (ah, the perils of workign in KL and having almost 24-hour access to Amazon and eBay)
10) Spent half my life living out of my Samsonite in 5-star hotels in KL - and found myself missing my narrow little bed offshore and my new bed AK bought me;
11) Found myself missing my parents so, so much;
12) Missed out on church quite a lot, shamefully
13) Fractured another foot, balancing it out
14) Said goodbye to 2 good friends - 1 to Kl and 1 to Russia;
15) Had my house broken into, my stuff stolen; and went through the achingly slow processes of getting my life on paper back together again, which led to-
16) more cursing of the bloody Malaysian beauracracy
17) Realised that I have people in my life who really, really love me;
18) Experienced for myself how happy a fat, not-so-little cat can make me;
19) Fought and made up about 3 million times;
20) FINALLY got round to Facabook-ing, and now can't get enough for it :)

No comments: