Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Discovering ME

One of the best things about being home in Penang is being able to go for hour-long walks around the area here. One of the nest things about these walks is being totally by myself, with so much space to reflect and think about the years past, and what I'd do differently.

So here's what I've gathered so far:

1) I want to take control - of my time at work, my free time, my career, my life. Too much of "going with the flow" and waiting for things to come to me just cannot cut it anymore. The best years of my life are passing me by and I'd better get a better grip on them.

2) It's all about control - to attend mass on Sunday

3) To do things that feel good later and not now, like exercising, going to church, volunteering my time. Instead of going for endlessly long shopping trips, watching reruns of CSI, you know what I mean. Mindless things that do nothing for my body and spirit.

4) To lower my pride and guard, and call up my friends more often. To have faith in people and give them the benefit of the doubt.

It's not going to be easy. But it has to be done, simple as that.

Looking back at the times since I came back from offshore, the blog entries, reflections of floundering in the office after 2 years of offshore straightforwardness and knowing exactly what to do. I have learnt, some things more that I ever imagined

I really feel like there is only so little time left, and I MUST make the most of what I have and use NOW to achieve my FUTURE.

No comments: