Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Our Baby

Introducing the latest addition to our home!


We have yet to name him, but I will call him Baby for the time being. He is the sweetest, most loving cat I've met. In fact, I get the feeling that he is starved for love. Well, he shall starve no more - I plan to lavish as much love as possible on this sweetheart.



My baby comes to us and meows really loudly, and will not stop until we pet him and stroke his chubby little chin. He actually follows us around whenever we walk outdoors, and accompanies me when I hang the laundry out to dry. He tries to get as close as possible to us, jumping up onto the higher railing just so that we can pet him easier.


Unfortunately he is not allowed into the house as he is a bit of a wild thing - we actually witnessed him catching a mouse some days back, hopping into a drain and emerging from it with a mouse wriggling in his mouth. I am taking this positively as I guess it means that he keeps those vermin away.


But he is our baby now, make no mistake.



He snoozes in our front porch while waiting for us to either come home, or open our house door. Then he tries to let himself into the house, but knows that it's wrong and quickly scurries out again when we admonish him.

He is also terrified of lawnmowers and once ran into the house unnoticed and camped out in AK's room (for quite some time we believe) before AK found him.


He has refused to eat leftover bolognese sauce, but happily gobbled down leftover stir fried beef strips. So I am thinking of a Chinese name for my baby.


We will also be giving him a bath and de-flea-ing (not sure if this is word) him when both of us get back.

Sad thing is that both AK and I are not at home with him - I'm offshore and AK has work in KL.

I just hope that he still remembers me when I return home after 2 weeks.



5 comments:

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Baby looks and sounds like a very sweet cat. He is lucky to have such a wonderful Forever Home with you!

Pia K said...

What a sweetheart, such an adorable pattern and look - congrats to your new familymember!

Anya said...

Oh he's so sweet looking! What a great addition to your family! :)

sammawow said...

Doesn't he have the sweetest face!?!?

Bie said...

Dear Dragonheart,

Thanks! We're lucky too that he decided to love us :)

Pink, Anya, Sammawow,
Thanks for the compliments - we think so too!

AK actually went shopping for him during his biz trip so we will be posting about those soon!