Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Nose to the Grindstone

And so ends my 2 weeks of onshore leave. I had a really fulfilling time off - I believe this trip back onshore has been the one where I spent the least time working - only 2 days in the office, and 2 days spent in JB.

Summary of what I (we) did:

1) Experimented with cooking oyster, button and flower mushrooms - roasting, microwaving and deep frying - we like the roasted oyster mushrooms best
2) Made pizza from scratch
3) Hosted friends for dinner - first time that it was me and only me cooking - and it was great (no post on this though because I did not take any photographs - pity)
4) Planted more pumpkins
5) Made Penang prawn noodles from scratch - success!
6) Adopted a stray cat and made him our baby
7) Went for a walk on the beach - also will post on this soon

On top of all that, I was also running around town sorting out some personal stuff, which I normally dread doing but this time is was for a great reason.

All in all I would say I had a great time not working and doing all of the above (except the errands). I feel refreshed, happy and contented as opposed to the previous trips when even my offdays were spent working, which resulted in me returning offshore exhausted and sullen.

After all, it was during my last offshore stint, when I felt like that, that I started this blog and vowed to do a whole lot more than return to the office during my leave days. I wanted to make the most of my time off and do stuff that actually made me happy.

I work to live and not otherwise. I work to live, work to live. Work to live. :)

BUT it's nose to the grindstone now for me. No more kitchen experiments for the next two weeks....I am in my offshore mode, here to earn my living so that I may enjoy all the rest of the stuff I am into now.



Let the countdown (to the 17th of this month) begin.

No comments: