Saturday, February 16, 2013

A few things

I usually get pretty depressed returning from a trip to Penang. I still miss my lau juak (as in always ready for a little fun/celebration/meal) dad, my do-it-all supermum, and friendly (crazy) banter with my two brothers (the three of us drove from KL to Penang telling hilarious stories, reminiscising about our childhoods and singing along to Queen (we disturbingly knew the lyrics to this retro number and Matchbox Twenty)
This time though returning from Penang it wasn't as bad as I expected. The drive back yesterday was painless, with the almost empty highway and cloudy (neither too hot nor was it raining - i.e. perfect) weather. I joined some friends for dinner and a raucous gambling session, and today we're going to finalise our house plans with the contractor.

Here are the other little and not-so-little things making me smile this past week.

The Church of The Immaculate Conception all decked up for the Lunar New Year
The beautifully lit corridor at the old St Joseph's Novitiate, which has gone from hosting LaSalle novices to housing hip eateries


Unexpected (stormy) weather right after lunch at Gurney Paragon


Our friend's pretty seasonal (DIY) flower arrangement


Morning sweetness


Came back to KL to find that AK has sorted out my skincare and makeup (previously haphazardly strewn on the shelf) into the baskets we bought in Manila. And no, we didn't have to wait for the new house to put them to good use.


No comments: