Friday, August 6, 2010

Rome Shots



Ah, Roma. The Eternal City.
We visited in 2006. So why am I just posting this now? Guess I realised that I wanted to keep the memories of this place after so many years and so many lost files.

I loved this place. Crazy beautiful people zipping past us on their Vespas, Gucci, Pucci and D & G boutiques lining cobblestone streets, the best thin crusted pizzas I've ever tasted (with artichokes and a raw egg cracked in the middle), and stopping by every street for a gelato in a new flavour.


View of the Vatican City from the top of St. Peter's Basilica.


Inside...imagine the wealth that built this place. Peasants' offerings, Lords' gold, knights' blood, all hoping for a ticket to Eternal Life.


Permanent displays of the wealth and splendour of the Catholic Empire.

The Piazza San Pietro, or St. Peter's Square.

More shots in and out of the Basilica.

Other shots around Rome...not the usual Coliseum or Pantheon, but just beautiful architechture all around the city.


I can't remember the name of this building anymore :(


Domes glowing at dusk.


New meets old.


Gleaming at nightfall.




No comments: