Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Home Anew

FINALLY


It took us an entire month, but now we have finally moved the last of our stuff from the big old ugly house.

The complaint I have (I have accepted it, though) is that the kitchen is no longer big and bright and airy as it once was.

But the whole point of moving was because I was sick of taking care of a big, crumbling old house of which we only used 40% of. So, this is small and cosy and, basically, enough.


I mentioned before that I bought some artwork from Penang - nothing fancy or really exquisite, just some things that I fell in love with.

They're still in their plastic wrap, which is partly why the photos here don't do them justice.
Etchings on recycled paper:

Mother and Child



Washing Hair



And inks depicting the Streets of Penang:

Campbell Street Shophouse

Cheah Kongsi


I haven't found the perfect frames for them yet, nor have I decided where to place them. They have booked a place in my permanent home, whatever it is, whenever, wherever.

No comments: