Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The Truly Unexpected

There is a heart, that hurts.
But it's not mine, my dearest.

Our home got broken into, and I was declared the biggest loser.

But I have someone who is with me, who has been with me.

Sure, I cried. But I'll get over it.

Hold on, I am over it.

Because life is bigger than a new Zara handbag, than a month-old Canon Ixus 90.

Because, as Miranda Bailey said, It's not the things you have, your looks. No matter how successful you are in your career.

It's about having people around you who love you and care for you.

And it's true.

So to the guys who stole my stuff, I hope they make your Hari Raya a little sweeter, a little better. You probably needed the money more than I do.

So let me tell you, dear reader, this.

There are many, many things I want, but, truly, I have everything I need.

No comments: